Friday, February 25, 2011

Pretty Pink Dolphins

We have a story this week called "Encantado: Pink Dolphin of the Amazon River".  So, we are basing our blog this week on the story.  The Pink Dolphin is a fresh water mammal.  It is pink because capillaries are so close to its skin .  We compared and contrasted the pink dolphin with an ocean dolphin and here's what we discovered;  Pink dolphins they don't have a actuall fin they have a bump.  Also, they swim in rivers ( fresh water ) and they are more flexible and don't come up from the water.  They live in the Amazon River.  Here's a video and a picture.




Also, we had a few students comment about the story. 
Emily: I really like this week's story, it's very interesting to read.  I love PINK DOLPHINS!!!
Rachel:  I like the story because I just learned that Pink dolphins are endangered, and I would like to help them not be endangered.
Shelby: I like the story this week because I NEVER KNEW PINK DOLPHINS WERE REAL!!!!!!!
Taylor: I loved the story this week I mean how cool is a PINK DOLPHIN! I wonder if one could fit in my bathtub!
Ki: I loved the story because the dolphins were pink and it looked cool with its head.

                                                          Thanks for looking at our blog!
By Erin Santanello and Regina Schliep



  

1 comment: